Generally, Remo does not recommend users access Remo via Virtual Private Network (VPN) because our video streaming host provider does not work well with VPNs. However, we understand that some users have to use a VPN to access Remo.
So here’s how you can do this:
For Firewall Issues
If you are using a VPN to access Remo, you should first conduct a mic-cam test at https://geartest.remo.co/ to make sure the firewall setting allows you to connect to Remo. If the firewall has blocked Remo, please safelist our connection and remove authentication logic for VPN.
In more detail, here are the steps you should take:
1. Check your system settings using https://geartest.remo.co/ to make sure the firewall setting is okay
2. If the Firewall setting is identified as an issue, then ask your IT department or your VPN provider to help
3. Once you contact your IT department or VPN provider, ask them for guidance on these following tips:
- Open TCP port 443
- Safelist the following domains:
- Open UDP Port 3478
- If possible, open UDP ports 1025 - 65535
- Remove the authentication login for the VPN
For Issues with the VPN
If you continue to have trouble with the VPN, please contact your IT department or VPN service provider