Remo is now ISO 27001 AND SOC 2 Type 1 certified! ✨
If needed, you can email [email protected] to request for the full report.
You can also take a look through our Remo Security Whitepaper here for more details on all our current security standards
- Certified authentication module completed standard including ISO 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3
- Certified realtime database completed standard including 27001, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3
- Certified database cloud service
- Remo client connects via HTTPS (port 443/TLS) to Remo servers to obtain information required
Video and Audio Streaming Security and Encryption
In the trial and paid version of the Service, we will use a dedicated server infrastructure to allow more people in the conversation, and better stability. Your stream will be sent through video router servers which will transmit it to the other participants in the call, and also transmits their streams to you. Streams will always be encrypted (AES-128 or AES-256 algorithm) in transit, but will be decrypted and re-encrypted when passing through the video routers. We operate an infrastructure of video routers distributed across the world, and you will be automatically routed to the closest one. The video router servers and all of our infrastructure adhere to strict security measures, preventing any eavesdropping or interruption of the video/audio streams.
- All media traffic is encrypted no matter the endpoint you use (web or mobile) or the session setup you choose (P2P or multiparty)
- Remo use the AES cipher with 128-bit keys to encrypt audio and video, and HMAC-SHA1 to verify data integrity
- Camera is turned off once a user closes all Remo pages/tabs in the browser
- Role-based permissions control
- Secured event that prevents non-authorized users to access
- User safelist for private event access control, only safelisted guests can join the event