For live streaming functionality, you must set up and connect your Google AdSense account to YouTube. If you have already set up your YouTube Live Stream Integration, read our article on how to Broadcast your Event to YouTube Live here
Please note, before you can qualify for AdSense, your channel must reach 4,000 public watch hours and 1,000 subscribers
Also take note that it takes 24 hours for YouTube to enable your live streaming capabilities and several hours to activate AdSense. Therefore, please set this up well in advance of your event
Follow the steps below to connect your YouTube account:
1. Log into the YouTube account that you would like to connect with Remo. The YouTube home page appears
2. Click on your profile icon in the top right of the screen. A dropdown menu appears
3. Select 'YouTube Studio', and your channel dashboard should appears
4. Click on 'Settings' in the bottom of the left side menu
5. Select 'Channel' on the left side of the settings panel, and click on the tab 'Feature eligibility'
6. At the bottom of the feature eligibility section, click on the 'Status and Features' hyperlink to view which features you can enable. For this article, we will focus on the 'Monetization', 'Live streaming', and 'Embed live streams' features
7. Under 'Live streaming' you will either see that you are eligible or ineligible to participate. To be eligible, you must have no live streaming restrictions in the past 90 days
8. If you are eligible for Live streaming, click on 'Enable' in the bottom right corner of the box. If your account is already verified, skip to Step 9. If your account is not verified, a screen appears with instructions on how to verify your account or just follow the steps below to verify:
- Select your Country of Residence from the dropdown menu
- Select your Desired Verification Method - either an automated voice message or a text message with the verification code
- After selecting your preferred method, input your phone number to receive the message
- Click 'Submit'
- Input the code which you received via voice or text message and press 'Submit'
- If successful, a message appears saying, 'Congratulations! Your YouTube account is now verified!'
9. Once you have verified your account, you must wait 24 hours before live streaming is activated. Until then, you will not be eligible to continue to the next step, which is to Enable Monetization and create your AdSense account
10. Once 24 hours have passed, you will now see that the live streaming function is Enabled under status and features. You will now see that you are eligible for 'Monetization' and 'Embed live streams'
11. Click on 'Enable' under Monetization. This will send you to the Monetization tab on the left side of your screen
Please note that you also need at least 4,000 public watch hours and 1,000 subscribers before you can apply for Monetization
12. If you meet the above criteria, click on 'Apply Now'. The Channel Monetization screen appears. Follow the steps in the order on your screen, as follows:
- Review Partner Program terms
- Sign up for Google AdSense (takes a few hours)
- Get reviewed for Channel Monetization (takes up to a month)
Once your Google AdSense account is up and running, you may proceed to the next step of this article. You do not have to wait for your account to be reviewed to connect with Remo
13. Once you have signed up for Google AdSense, return to the Features page at youtube.com/features
14. Select 'Enable' under Embed live streams. Both 'Live streaming' and 'Embed live streams' should now be enabled as shown below:
Now you are ready to live stream your Remo event to YouTube! See this next article to learn how to broadcast to YouTube Live during your event