For live streaming functionality, you must enable Live streaming for your YouTube channel. If you have already set up your YouTube Live Stream Integration, read our article on how to Broadcast your Event to YouTube Live here
Take note that it takes 24 hours for YouTube to enable your live streaming capabilities. Therefore, please set this up and try it out well in advance of your event
Follow the steps below to connect your YouTube account:
1. Log in to the YouTube account that you would like to connect with Remo. The YouTube home page appears.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top right of the screen, and select 'YouTube Studio'. Your channel dashboard should appear.
3. Click on 'Settings' at the bottom of the left side menu
4. Select 'Channel' on the left side of the settings panel, and click on the tab 'Feature eligibility'
Make sure you are 'Eligible' for the features that require phone verification (a.k.a. live streaming). To be eligible, you must have no live streaming restrictions in the past 90 days
5. Click on the arrow next to features that require phone verification and click 'Verify phone number'.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your account:
- Select your Country of Residence from the dropdown menu
- Select your Desired Verification Method - either an automated voice message or a text message with the verification code
- After selecting your preferred method, input your phone number to receive the message
- Click 'Submit'
- Input the code which you received via voice or text message and press 'Submit'
- If successful, a message appears saying, 'Congratulations! Your YouTube account is now verified!'
7. Once you have verified your account, you must wait 24 hours before live streaming is activated.
8. Once 24 hours have passed, you will now see that the features that require phone verification should be enabled.
Now you are ready to live stream your Remo event to YouTube! See this next article to learn how to broadcast to YouTube Live during your event