If you’re not able to turn on your microphone or camera and/or you’re seeing a red cross next to your microphone and camera buttons in your bottom menu toolbar... it’s likely that you haven’t given your browser permission to access your microphone and camera.
This article is how you can allow Microsoft Edge to access your camera and microphone, please refer to this article if you’re using Chrome, or this one if you're using Safari.
Currently, our platform only supports Chrome, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. If you are experiencing any issues with your microphone or camera, please try switching to one of these browsers.
Solution 1: Give Browser Immediate Access to Camera and Microphone
To give Microsoft Edge permission to use your microphone and/or camera, please follow the below instructions:
1. Click on the ‘microphone’ or ‘camera’ button in the bottom menu toolbar
2. A popup should appear in the upper left of your screen asking for permission to use your camera and microphone. Click ‘Allow’
3. If the above popup does not appear, click the ‘lock’ icon on the left hand side of the URL, and next to ‘Camera’ and ‘Microphone’ select ‘Allow’ from the respective drop-down menus
Solution 2: Check the Browser Settings for Camera and Microphone Permissions
You can also change your browser’s camera and microphone permissions by adjusting your browser settings:
1. When in the Remo Event Space, click on the ‘More’ button (3 vertical dots) in the far right corner next to the URL address bar and then click ‘Settings’
2. Select the ‘Cookies and Site Permissions’ tab and then click on 'Camera' or 'Microphone'
3. Turn on the option for ‘Ask before accessing’
If it is already turned on, try toggling it off and then back on
4. Check to see whether live.remo.co is listed as one of the sites blocked. If it is then click on the trash icon next to the site’s name and try to click the Camera button once more in the bottom menu toolbar