Firstly, what is High Contrast?
A high contrast theme or mode is one with a limited color palette and contrasting colors, specifically used to make a website or online interface easier to use or read.
High contrast modes/themes can greatly benefit those with low vision or photosensitivity, among others, to browse websites.
And, good news! Remo is compatible with various browser and computer high-contrast features and/or extensions:
If you are on a Windows computer, you can also turn on high contrast for your computer/laptop:
1. Press Start, click 'Settings'
2. Under Vision, select 'High Contrast'
3. Toggle the option for 'Turn on high contrast' ON
4. Choose the theme that works for you!
If you're on a Mac computer on the other hand, here's how you can turn on high contrast for your device:
1. Open your 'System Preferences' (click the Apple logo in the upper left-hand corner of your screen, and select 'System Preferences'
2. Select 'Accessibility'
3. Find and click 'Display'
4. Check the box for Increase contrast (You can also adjust your display contrast by sliding the scale bar as you wish)
If you are using a Google Chrome browser, you can download an extension to access a high contrast feature:
1. Click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of your screen (next to your browser address bar), and click 'Settings'
2. Click 'Advanced' on the left-hand side menu bar and press 'Accessibility'
3. Select 'Add Accessibility Features' and search and add the High Contrast extension to your Google Chrome browser
4. Once the extension has been added, you should be able to access it from the extensions button (looks like a puzzle piece, next to your browser address bar). If you click the High Contrast extension, you'll have a few color schemes you can choose from to suit your preferences.
Now we can all enjoy a great event together!