Please note, this integration is currently under development
Remo for Zoom can help you boost engagement at your online event by uniting Zoom's well-known and easy-to-use platform with Remo's dynamic and visually appealing Conversation Mode.
With this integration, meeting owners can level up their breakout room experience by layering the unique values Remo's Conversation Mode provides:
- Participants can easily jump between breakout room conversations by double-clicking on a new conversation (table)
- Everyone can get the lay of the land - participants can see who is in what conversations directly on our visual map
- Owners can fully customize their breakout room setting to match their brand/meeting needs and embed key information relevant to their participants
This article covers everything you need to know to use the Remo App for Zoom:
- Installing the Remo App for Zoom
- Connecting your Remo Event to your Zoom Meeting
- Moving between breakout rooms
- Additional features for meeting owners and participants
- Uninstalling the Remo App for Zoom
- Troubleshooting FAQ
- Contacting Support
- A Remo Host Account (only needed if you are the Zoom meeting owner) - click here for more information on how to get started
- A Zoom Account (authorized to install Zoom Apps* & with breakout rooms enabled) - upgraded to the latest version
*On some Zoom plans, an account admin may need to pre-authorize the Remo App for Zoom
Installing the Remo App for Zoom
All users participating in the meeting need to install the Remo App for Zoom (including meeting owner and participants)
1. Log into your Zoom Account and click 'Apps' and search for 'Remo'
If you are already in a Zoom meeting and wish to use the app immediately, you can click on 'Apps' and search for 'Remo' directly from within your meeting as well.
Alternatively, you can install the Remo App for Zoom directly from Zoom's Marketplace here (TBD for link to Zoom Marketplace)
2. Click 'Add' or 'Visit site to add' (depending on where you're coming from)
You may be asked to sign in to your Zoom account once more.
3. Authorize the Remo App for Zoom by clicking 'Authorize'
4. Once successfully connected, you should see a screen prompting you to open your Zoom app. Click 'Open zoom.us' to return to your Zoom meeting or continue setting up your meeting.
Please refer here for frequently asked troubleshooting questions
Connecting your Remo Event to your Zoom Meeting
The following section is only relevant for the meeting owner. Before continuing, please make sure you have your Zoom Meeting ID ready and copied (you will need this to connect your Zoom Meeting to your Remo Event).
1. Log into your Remo account
2. From your My Events dashboard, click the 'Create Event' button. Make sure you select 'Zoom Event' when asked.
3. Paste the Zoom Meeting ID for your upcoming Zoom meeting. Click 'Continue'
4. Continue creating your Remo event as you would normally by inputting all your relevant event details.
Please note, the following event details are not currently supported when creating a Remo event for Zoom:
- Private Events
- Event Tagline and Image
- Guest & Speaker Invitation & Reminder emails
- Assign Tables
- Presentation Mode & related features - Greater than 50 tables (unless your Zoom account allows for greater than 50 breakout rooms)
5. Click 'Save & Publish' once you're ready to create your event
6. Once successfully created, you should see the following pop-up on the right-hand side of your screen, click the 'Launch Zoom' button
7. In your Zoom meeting, click 'I've created my Remo event', this will connect your Remo event with the Zoom meeting
If the Remo App has not opened automatically in your Zoom meeting, please click 'Apps' > search for Remo > click 'Open'
8. Once connected, Remo & Zoom will work to create your required breakout rooms (each table in your Remo event corresponds to one breakout room in Zoom). After which, you will land directly in the Remo event within your Zoom meeting!
When you as the meeting owner open the Remo App, all meeting participants will also receive an invitation to join you in Remo as well.
Moving between breakout rooms
The following section is relevant to all users (meeting owners and participants) when they want to move to another breakout room
One of the best parts of using the Remo & Zoom integration is that participants have an easy way to freely move between breakout rooms.
There are two ways of doing this:
On the event space, double click on a table with an empty space to move there
Select 'Breakout Rooms' from the bottom bar and click 'Join' next to the breakout room you would like to move to
Please note this option is only available if the meeting owner has enabled the Self-Select Breakout Room option
Additional features for meeting owners and participants
The following section is relevant for both meeting owners and participants
In addition to all the Zoom functionality, you can now also leverage Remo's Conversation Mode features when using the Remo & Zoom integration.
- Inviting other participants to join you in a breakout room (using the 'Get' feature)
- Chatting with participants in your breakout room via messages (using table chat)
- Locate which table/breakout room another participant is in (using the Participants feature)
For the meeting owner specifically, you can also access the following additional host-only features as well:
- Making an announcement to everyone in the event space at once
- Setting a timer to host multiple rounds of conversation
- Shuffling guests to randomly mix them up into new breakout room groups
For more information on specific functionality within Remo, please refer to our knowledge base here
Please note, the following features are not available with this integration yet:
- Assign Tables - Locked Tables - Share Screen (You can still use Zoom to share your screen) - Whiteboard (You can still use Zoom's whiteboard within your breakout room) - Presentation Mode (and it's related features) - Lobby (and it's related features) - Green Room (private table for just speakers and event hosts) - Simultaneous Events & Event Directory - Content Pop-up - Sponsor Banners
Uninstalling the Remo App for Zoom
The following section is relevant to all users (meeting owners and participants) if they wish to uninstall the Remo App from their Zoom Account
1. Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace
2. Click 'Manage' > 'Installed Apps' or search for 'Remo'
3. Click 'Remo'
4. Click 'Remove'
Adding the Remo App:
- I don't have an 'Apps' button in my Zoom client, how can I install the app?
This may mean your account does not have Zoom Apps enabled just yet - you can follow Zoom's instructions here depending on what type of account you have and who you would like to enable this functionality for.
- I don't see the option to 'Add' or 'Visit site to install' when searching for Remo on the Zoom Marketplace
Instead of being able to add or install the app directly to your Zoom account, you may see the 'Request to pre-approve' button instead. All this means is that your account admin needs to first pre-approve the app you would like to add. Clicking this button should inform your Account Admin of the same and give them the chance to approve this, after which you will be able to add the app.
Connecting my Zoom meeting to a Remo event
- I've clicked the "I've created my event" button within Zoom but it's just loading and nothing is happening.
Firstly, make sure the Remo event was created (you can do this by checking whether you can find the related event card on your My Events page.
If the event has been created successfully, and you are still facing the issue, please click the More button in Zoom > Refresh app
For any questions and/or feedback, you can always reach out to our Product Support team by either clicking the 'Need Help' button in the lower left corner of your screen -or- emailing us directly at [email protected].
To browse our other help articles, you can also access our knowledge base here: https://help.remo.co/en/support/home