Live streaming your presentation on Remo means more viewers for the awesome content you’ve worked so hard to put together! Who wouldn’t want that?
With Remo’s new live streaming functionality, you can stream your presentation from Remo straight to Facebook Live!
Here’s how to do it:
- Setting up Facebook Live as a stream destination
- Starting the Live Stream
- Stopping the Live Stream
- A Remo Event
- A Facebook Account
Setting up Facebook Live as a stream destination
1. Go to your My Events dashboard and locate the event you’d like to live stream. Click the pencil icon to go the event’s settings
2. Click on ‘Advanced’ and then ‘Stream’
3. Click on ‘Add RTMP Destination’
4. Open your Facebook Live in a new tab
5. Select ‘Go Live’ and then ‘Streaming Software’
6. You can select whether you’d like to start live streaming immediately or later from the When are you going live dropdown
7. Whichever option you chose, you should be able to see a Streaming Software Setup section, as shown below. This is where you can retrieve your streaming information:
A: Stream Key
B: Stream URL8. Copy this information and paste it in the respective fields on Remo
9. Enter a name for ‘Destination Name’ (we’d recommend something like Facebook Live)
10. Click ‘Save Destination’
Starting the Live Stream
11. Enter your Remo event and click the ‘Present’ button from your bottom menu toolbar
12. Make sure the option to ‘Start streaming out to Facebook Live’ is selected. Choose whether to start your presentation immediately or in 30 seconds.13. Once you’re in presentation mode and the presenter has joined the stage (turned on mic or cam), you can check your Facebook Live Control Room to see whether the stream has connected successfully
14. Enter a title and description for your live stream
15. Once you’re ready to start live streaming, you can click ‘Go Live’! If you chose to schedule your live stream in Step 6, you can click ‘Schedule live video’ instead!
Stopping the Live Stream
And, there you have it! A detailed guide for how you can stream your presentations from Remo into Facebook Live!