It is important to prepare for situations where a guest is being disruptive or otherwise needs to be removed.
Follow the steps below to see how you can handle these situations:
Remove a Guest from your Guests List
Before your event has started if you notice a guest who should not be on your Guest List, you can remove their email from the safelist.
1. Open your Event Settings by clicking the pencil icon in the upper right corner of your event card
2. Click 'Invitations' and then 'Guests' to open the Guest List
3. Press the delete icon
4. Confirm that you want to delete this email from the Guest List
Please note this can only be done before the guest has registered for the event
To Mute a Guest:
If one of your guests is being disruptive or has accidentally left their microphone on, with our new update event hosts can mute individual guests
1. Move to that guest's table
2. Hover over the guest's video stream
3. Click the 'Mute' button, and now the guest will be informed that the host has muted them
To Remove or Block a Guest:
Please note, that you can only remove a guest during an event while in Conversation Mode. If you're in Presentation Mode, you must end the presentation first to remove the guest
1. In Conversation Mode, find the avatar of the guest you would like to remove
2. Right-click on the avatar and a drop-down menu should appear
3. Select 'Remove attendee'
4. If you would simply like to remove the guest from the floor, but allow them to re-enter the event using the same link, select 'Just remove from floor'. To block a guest from the event permanently, select 'Block guest'
To Unblock a Guest:
1. Open the My Events page.
2. Find the event you would like to unblock the user from. Click on the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the event image
3. The Event Settings Panel will appear
4. Select the 'Invitations' tab and then 'Guests'. A list of guests who joined the event appears in the Guest List. The person you blocked will have a red icon to the right of their entry, as shown below:
5. To Unblock the guest, click on the red block icon and then select 'Ok' on the popup message
Now the guest may re-enter your event! ✨