Virtual events are a great way to bring together like-minded individuals from across the world to share and connect with each other!
However, there can be one or two people interrupting the smooth and exciting experience you've planned out for your guests...
So, if that ever happens, Remo's got a few ways you can handle these situations:
Remember, the following options are only available to an Event Host (Account Owner, Event Manager, or Event Assistant)
Overview of all solutions:
- Blocking Guests from your Event Settings
- Removing or Banning Guests in Conversation Mode
- Muting Individuals (or a Table) in Conversation Mode
- Deleting Chats from the General or Table Chat
- Turning off a User's Camera, Microphone, and/or Screen Share in Presentation Mode
- Deleting Whiteboard Content
Blocking Guests from your Event Settings:
If you see anyone on your Guest List that should not be there, you can choose to block them from the event before it starts!
1. Go to your Event Settings
2. Click 'Invitations' and then 'Guests'
3. Under Guest List search for the user you'd like to block
4. Click the block icon to the left of the user's name
5. Click 'Ok' to confirm
6. The block icon should now be red
You will not be able to block users once the event starts and they have already joined. If this happens, check out the solution below on how to remove them from the event.
Removing or Banning Guests in Conversation Mode:
If an uninvited guest has already entered your event space, you can remove them from the event space altogether by:
1. Right-clicking on the guest's avatar and selecting 'Remove guest'
2. Select how you would like to remove the guest from the event:
- 'Just remove from floor': If you want to remove them from the event, but would still like them to have the option to return
- 'Block guest': The guest will be removed from the event, and not allowed to re-enter
Muting Individuals (or a Table) in Conversation Mode:
Has someone accidentally left their microphone on? Is there an important announcement you'd like to give a table, but you can't seem to find a gap in the conversation?
Well, good news! With Remo, you can mute an individual user or even a full table with a few clicks of a button.
To mute an individual:
1. Hover over the user's video stream and click 'Mute'
2. The user will receive a notification that the Event Host has muted their microphone
3. The user can unmute themselves and resume talking whenever they like
To mute a table:
1. Click 'More' (in your bottom menu toolbar) and then 'Mute Table'
2. This will automatically mute the microphones of all users at the table. They will not be able to unmute, until you allow them to do so
3. To unmute your table - click 'More' once again and then 'Unmute Table'
Deleting Chats from the General or Table Chat:
If there happens to be a chat message in the General or Table Chat that should not be there... as an Event Host, you can delete individual messages.
All you need to do is:
1. Click the trash icon in the upper right corner of the chat message
2. Click 'Delete' to confirm you would like to delete this message
Please note, messages sent directly between two users cannot be deleted.
Turning off a User's Camera, Microphone, and/or Screen Share in Presentation Mode:
Have you ever been in Presentation Mode with your speaker or an attendee on screen... sitting there... not leaving the stage... no matter how many private messages or psychic vibrations you send their way...
Well, not anymore! Event Hosts now have the ability to turn off a user's Microphone, Camera, and/or Screen Share in Presentation Mode (this removes them from the stage).
Here's how to do this:
1. Click the 'Participants' tab in Presentation Mode
2. Find the user you'd like to remove and click the 3 dots on the right-hand side of the user's name
3. Select the action you'd like to do:
- 'Stop Video': This turns off the user's camera. They can turn it on again at anytime
- 'Mute': This turns off the user's microphone. They can turn it on again at anytime
- 'Stop Screenshare': This turns off the user's screen share. They can turn it on again at anytime
- 'Remove from stage': If the user is an attendee at the event (not a speaker), you can remove them from the stage completely, so they will not be able to turn on their microphone and camera again (unless you invite them once more).
Deleting Whiteboard Content:
If you find some elements on one of your table's whiteboards, you can delete elements using the following steps:
1. Click the element you'd like to delete, and click the 3 dots on the element's toolbar
If there are no 3 dots, please click 'Edit' first and then the toolbar should appear
2. Click 'Delete'
If you are not able to access the element's toolbar and you see a lock icon appear after you click the element, this indicates the element is currently locked. To unlock and delete this, you will need to contact the Board Owner.