Do you need to break down the work or distance barrier?
Organize a Fun Happy Hour on Remo, where you can play games and have fun together remotely! ✨
There are so many games out there – from quick online ice-breakers to extravagant escape rooms, the possibilities are endless.
If you're looking for some simple ice-breaker activities to play at your next online event, check out this article
In this article, we're going to show you how you can use the whiteboard to embed some of your favorite online games.
A couple of points to note though:
- Not all games will be able to embed, so we highly recommend testing the online games you'd like to use prior to your event
- When using the whiteboard, please remember each user is in control of their own actions. That means just because you click a link on the whiteboard, does not mean the same link will automatically be clicked for others on the whiteboard. Other users still need to click the link themselves.
If you're not too familiar with using the Miro whiteboard, check out this article for all you need to know.
If you're good to go, then follow the instructions below...
1. Press the 'More' button on your bottom menu toolbar
2. Select 'Whiteboard' to open up your table's whiteboard
3. Now there are two ways you can embed games into the whiteboard:
Option 1: Embed the link to your online game
This is the simple option where you're just adding the link to the online game onto your whiteboard.
A) Click 'Upload' from the list of tools on the left-hand side, and select 'Upload via url'
You may need to scroll down on the left-hand side toolbar to see the 'Upload' button
B) Paste the link to your online game into the input box and click 'Ok'
C) And you should see your game hyperlinked on the whiteboard. Now all guests need to do is click on the hyperlink and click the 'Source' button, and the online game will open in a new tab.
Option 2: Embed your online game directly to the whiteboard
This is the more complex option, where you use an iFrame code to embed an online game onto the whiteboard. The benefit with this option is that the game will open in the whiteboard itself (not in another tab).
A) Click the 3 dots on the list of tools on the left-hand side, and select 'Paste iFrame code'.
B) Copy the following iFrame embed code (replace the red part with the link to your online game)
<iframe src="INSERT YOUR GAME LINK HERE" width=“960” height=“540" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You can also adjust the width and height as you want by adjusting the numbers after "width" and "height"
C) Now you'll see your game embedded into your whiteboard (it might look like a video). Guests just need to click the 'Play' button on the embedded game to open this up within the whiteboard itself!
Here's a list of the games we've tried embedding into the whiteboard so far, if you've found some more message us and we'll add them to the list!