Polls are a fantastic yet easy way to interact and engage with your guests at an online event. Not only can they help you understand more about who your guests are, but it's also a ton of fun to answer (there has to be a reason poll posts on Linkedin have so much engagement!)
And, now you can get that same level of engagement in Remo itself! Event hosts can now create and launch their very own polls AND quizzes, and this article will show you how.
This article covers:
- Polls vs. Quizzes - what's the difference?
- Creating a Poll
- Starting & Answering a Poll
- Closing a Poll
- Exporting Poll Results
Polls vs. Quizzes - what's the difference?
In Remo, you have two options - launch a Poll or launch a Quiz.
Polls are your standard multiple choice questions like "What country are you tuning in from?" or "Which session are you most excited for?". There's no right or wrong answer.
Quizzes on the other hand are still multiple choice (in Remo at least), but there is a correct answer. For example, "What country's national animal is a unicorn?" (the correct answer is Scotland, by the way!). A quiz in Remo also has a timer, so guests have a set time limit to answer the question.
Now you know the difference between the two types of polls in Remo, let's cover how to create each of these.
Creating a Poll
Only Event Hosts (Account Owners, Event Managers, and Event Assistants) are able to create and start polls and quizzes
1. If you are in Conversation Mode, click the Polls button in your bottom menu toolbar.
If you are in Presentation Mode, click the Polls tab from the right-hand side panel.
2. Click the 'Create a Poll' or '+' button to start creating
3. Choose whether you'd like to create a Poll or Quiz
4. Enter the question and all your answer options
If you're creating a quiz, remember to select the correct answer by checking the box next to the correct answer option AND setting how many seconds you'd like the quiz to run for
5. If you're ready to launch your poll to all your guests, click 'Start poll'. If you're not quite ready to launch it, click 'Save as draft'.
Saving a poll as a draft allows you to "pre-load" your polls and quizzes for your event. That way during the event, you can quickly and simply launch them at the correct times.
Starting & Answering a Poll
Once you've started a poll, the poll/quiz should display under the "Ongoing" tab and is now live for all your guests to see and answer.
You can start a poll by clicking the 'Start Poll' button from either the "Create Poll" tab or the "Draft" tab
As an Event Host, you will not be able to answer polls/quizzes. Instead, you'll be able to see in real-time how your guests are voting:
As a Guest, they'll be able to select and submit an answer to the question.
For polls, after they've submitted an answer, they'll be able to see real-time results of how other guests at the event voted.
For quizzes, the results will show automatically after the timer has run out or the quiz has been closed. Guests will be able to see whether they were correct, incorrect, or didn't answer the question in time.
Closing a Poll
Once you're finished with a poll or quiz, you can close it to move it out of the "Ongoing" tab and into the "Closed" tab by clicking the 'End Poll' or 'End Quiz' button (this will help you better organize which polls are active and not).
Both guests and event hosts will be able to see Closed polls, so you can always come back to the Closed tab to view poll results (even after the event has ended!).
Once closed, a poll will remain in the "Closed" tab until they are deleted by an event host. Closed polls cannot be edited or relaunched.
Exporting Poll Results
In Remo, organizers have two export options for their poll results:
- Poll/Quiz Summary: This is a summary of all polls and quizzes launched at the event. It will include the poll question and the total number of votes each answer received. To export this:
- Edit your event and click "Post Event"
- Click "Export Poll Answers"
- A CSV download should begin immediately
- Poll/Quiz Results: This is an export of each individual quiz or poll's results, so you can see results at a user-level. It will include the name and email of each voter as well as the answer option each user selected.
- Inside your event space, find the poll or quiz you'd like to export results for
- Click the download icon
- A CSV download should begin immediately
You can only download poll or quiz results on polls that have ended (are in the Closed tab)
And that's it! Everything you need to know about using Remo's Poll & Quiz feature! Enjoy polling! ✨