Event Managers & Assistants
This article describes how you can publish your events on a custom domain (e.g. http://events.yourdomain.com/yourevent)
Please note that this feature is only available on some Remo Plans. Please take a look at our pricing page for more information.
It requires just one technical step - you should know where to find your DNS settings
The setup is simple after that. Firstly, you just have to make sure the traffic going to http://events.yourdomain.com/ points to Remo.co (without people noticing it) using a CNAME record. And then you need to tell Remo.co what to do when Remo.co receives your traffic by configuring the custom url & favicon in your portal
When setting up your custom subdomain, please ensure you are not on a VPN
Here's how you can do that:
1. Direct meeting traffic from your domain to Remo.co
- Go to your DNS settings from your DNS / hosting provider
- Add a record type CNAME
- Add the name of the subdomain of your choice in the Name/Host section (each DNS may have a different name for this field), we recommend "events", this will make your custom domain show up at events.yourdomain.com
- Add a Value/Target/Data (each DNS may have a different name for this field) that points to domain.remo.co
- Set the TTL to 1 hr or 60 mins or 3600 seconds (all these values are identical, different DNS panels show this with different values)
- Click Save
Here is an example of what a completed DNS record looks like:
Make sure NOT to proxy and use DNS only if applicable
Please note, it takes time for DNS changes to propagate through the entire internet. If you are adding a new CNAME record, this usually only takes a few minutes. But it may take up to 24 hours for the changes to show
2. Set up custom url in the Remo.co portal
In order to let Remo.co know what should happen when Remo.co receives traffic from your domain, set up your Custom event space subdomain in by going into your Remo Account Settings > Company profile > Custom Domain on live.remo.co dashboard
- Enter the full domain below in the box provided, for example events.yourdomain.com
- Click on 'Check'
- Wait for the confirmation
- And then click 'Save'
The security certificate will automatically be generated for you by Remo.co, we will issue the SSL Service
What you will immediately notice is that meeting URL's on the dashboard and your public booking URL now automatically start with events.yourdomain.com. Now you will need to login through your custom domain after verification, in order to start using your custom domain.
Take note that your custom domain will be available after 24 hours. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have suggestions or need help.
Please note, that only guests can see the custom domain when they access the event but not the account administrator
3. Custom domain and third party cookies
When you setup a custom domain, the cookies of remo.co will become third party cookies. It's important that those are not blocked or that you add Remo.co as an exception! Read about how you can do this here
4. To turn off your subdomain
- Log into your Remo Conference account and go to the 'My Events' page
- Click on the menu button (3 parallel horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of your screen, and then click 'Settings'
- Go to the 'Company Profile' tab, and then the Custom Domain section
- Click the 'Clear' button next to where you entered your custom domain
- Don't forget to press 'Save Changes', otherwise your subdomain will remain active!
Please make sure your custom domain is working before your event, as we cannot guarantee immediate assistance