Before you begin, please test your microphone and camera here. This will allow you to diagnose if there is a problem and where it is!
Solution 1: Try refreshing your browser
- Soft Refresh: CTRL + R
- Hard Refresh: CTRL + SHIFT + R
Solution 2: Check to make sure you are using a compatible device and browser. Check for the list of compatible devices and browsers here
Solution 3: Confirm the Microphone/ Camera settings for your browser
Solution 4: Allow applications access to your computer's Microphone and Camera
In Windows 10, you're able to set a default Mic, but there are also system-level Camera permissions on which applications can access your camera. Here's how to set these:
1. Click on the Microsoft icon and click the Settings icon
3. Scroll down and look for the section 'Allow access to the camera on this device' and click the 'Change' button under 'Camera Access for this device is on'
If it is already on, turn it off and then turn it back on
4. And make sure the toggle option for 'Allow apps to access your camera' is also turned on
5. Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on Camera access for the browser you're using
6. To allow microphone permissions, go back to the Settings page and select 'Privacy' and then click 'Microphone'
If it is already on, turn it off and then turn it back on
8. Make sure the toggle option for 'Allow apps to access your microphone' is turned on
9. Finally in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for the browser you're using
Solution 5: Check for Audio Inputs and Outputs on your Device
1. Open up the Settings panel
2. Select 'System' settings and click on 'Sound'
3. Scroll down to the Input section and use the dropdown menu to select the desired input device
Check by testing your microphone and make sure that it is receiving and works
Reseting the camera app can fix some system glitches that may cause the camera to not work on Windows 10 and gives the app a fresh restart. To restart the camera app, follow these steps:
1. Open up the Settings panel and select 'Apps' and then 'Apps & Features'
2. Click 'Camera' and then 'Advanced options'
3. Click the 'Reset' button
Solution 7: Confirm Camera and Audio Inputs and Outputs on Remo
If your computer has multiple screens or you use different audio devices to record or listen, you may have selected a different audio input or output by accident. Thus, you now need to pick the right one to work with Remo
1. Click the menu icon (3 parallel horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of your screen
2. Select the desired Audio Input and Output from the dropdown menu under Microphone
3. Select the desired Webcam Source from the dropdown menu under Camera
It is still not clear why this works but some users found that the Windows camera started to work after pressing the F8 key. The F8 method doesn't always work though, but it is a trick that is very simple to try
It is likely that there is a problem with the webcam driver that is making the Windows 10 camera not work. So have a look at the webcam driver first by following these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager
2. Find and expand the 'Imaging devices' list
3. Right click your desired webcam driver and select 'Properties'
4. Under the 'Driver' tab, click the ' and see if there is a file. If there is, your webcam is outdated and cannot work with Windows 10, therefore you have to get a new webcam
- there is no Roll Back option, click 'Uninstall Device' and then Delete the driver software for this device. After deleting, go back to Device Manager and click 'Action' and then 'Scan for hardware changes' and reinstall the webcam driver
- Restart the computer for the change to take effect
If there is no imaging device or integrated camera in Device Manager, you may want to scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver
Solution 10: Disable Anti-Virus Software
If none of the methods above work, check if there is antivirus software enabled, if there is, temporarily disable it and then refresh the page to see if the camera or microphone is working when the antivirus software is disabled
If your camera or microphone is still not working, please contact us on Chat by clicking the 'Need Help' button in the lower left corner of your screen
If you are facing any specific errors, please follow the steps below:
After installing a new Windows 10, the camera app stops working with the error 0xA00F4246 (0x887A0004). To fix this error, you can try the solutions given above. If none of those methods work, you can also try to fix the integrated or external camera that is not working by . Here's how you can do that:
1. Open Registry Editor
2. Press Windows + R to open Run window
3. Type regedit and hit 'Enter'
4. Click 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', and then 'SOFTWARE', and then 'Microsoft', and 'Windows Media Foundation', finally select 'Platform'
5. Right-click on the empty space under Platform, click ' and then ' and create a new value named 'EnableFrameServerMode'
6. Double click 'EnableFrameServerMode' value and enter 0 into its Value data
7. Click 'OK'
8. Restart your computer and you'll find the camera starts working again after restart
After Windows 10 update, you can't use the Camera app or apps like Skype with your laptop built-in camera because of the error 0xA00F4243 that says: Close other apps. It looks like another app is using the camera already
If you are dealing with a camera issue like this, try the following solutions:
- Other users suggested that if you find services like Intel(R)RealSense(TM)Depth camera Manager Services is stopped under the Services tab, run the services and the camera will start to work
3. An error could also be triggered by outdated or corrupted camera driver, therefore by updating the camera driver, it could restart the Windows 10 camera)
- Open Device Manager and then select 'Imaging Devices'
- Right click the driver of your webcam and select 'Update Driver Software'
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the webcam driver