Having some trouble with Remo? Perhaps your Microphone and Camera aren't turning on? Or is your screen sharing not working properly? Or maybe your whiteboard isn't loading properly?
Here are some quick troubleshooting recommendations you can try out:
- Recommendation 1: Rejoin the event
- Recommendation 2: Turn off VPN
- Recommendation 3: Use Incognito, Private, or Guest Browsers (OR disable browser plugins)
- Recommendation 4: Move tables
- Recommendation 5: Review your Settings
- Recommendation 6: Review Remo's Settings
- Recommendation 7: Switch Browsers and Devices
- Recommendation 8: Log Out and Back In
- Recommendation : Restart your Computer
Try rejoining the event! Click the 'Quit Event' button in your bottom menu toolbar and then 'Rejoin Event' on the pop-up that appears.
This will take you back to our geartest which will also help detect any issues with your Operating System, Browser, Internet Speed, or Firewall, (and give you the opportunity to test out your mic and cam once more).
Recommendation 2: Turn off VPN
If you are using a VPN, try turning this off. In general, we do not recommend using a VPN as this can interfere with some of the functionality of the platform. If this cannot be turned off, please check out and follow the guidelines in this article about VPN's and Remo.
Recommendation 3: Use Incognito, Private, or Guest Browsers (OR disable browser plugins)
Sometimes, various browser extensions can interfere with Remo, causing issues such as your mic and camera not working or being logged out.
So, in order for extensions to not load, try switching to an incognito, private, or guest browser (depending on which browser you are currently using):
- Incognito Mode in Chrome: Click the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of your browser and select 'New Incognito Window'
- Guest Browser in Chrome: Click the avatar in the upper right-hand corner of your browser (next to the URL address bar) and select 'Guest' underneath Other People.
- InPrivate Window in Microsoft Edge: Click the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of your browser and select 'New InPrivate Window'
- Private Window in Safari: Click 'File' and then 'New Private Window'
For a full list of browser extensions we have seen interfere with Remo, please check out our list here
Recommendation 4: Move tables
If you are already inside the event and experiencing some issues with the Remo functionality, try moving to a different table and then coming back again.
To move tables in Remo, just double-click on a table that has an empty seat.
Recommendation 5: Review your Settings
Depending on the issue you are facing, it may be a problem with the device or browser settings. Here are a couple of articles you can refer to check your device/ browser settings:
|Microphone/ Camera issue||Device issue|
|Screen Sharing issue||Device issue|
Recommendation 6: Review Remo's Settings
For microphone and camera issues, try selecting a different microphone or camera input source. Here are two ways you can do this:
- Click the triangle next to the 'Cam' and 'Mic' buttons in your bottom menu toolbar and select a different input source
- Click the 3 parallel horizontal lines in the upper left corner of your screen, select a different input source from the dropdown menus of 'Camera', 'Microphone', or 'Speaker' (depending on what you are facing an issue with)
Recommendation 7: Switch Browsers and Devices
Try completely switching to one of our other supported browsers. If this still doesn't work, try switching to another device altogether.
Check out this article for a list of all of Remo's supported browsers and devices!
Due to issues with firewall, we recommend avoiding using a work laptop wherever possible. If this is not possible, check out this article for troubleshooting firewall issues.
Recommendation 8: Log Out and Back In
Try logging out of the Remo event first. Afterwards return to the Event Landing Page, and try logging back into the Remo event.
Recommendation 9: Restart your Computer
If all else fails, try a full restart of your device – shut your device down, and start it back up again.
Here's a quick one-pager of troubleshooting tips you can share with guests or speakers: http://hi.remo.co/troubleshooting-tips
If you are still unable to solve your issue, please report your technical issue here, so our team can look into this and help you solve it! If you are facing the issue during a Live Event, please contact our Live Chat Support through the 'Need Help' button in the lower-left corner of your screen.