You have now started your journey hosting immersive online events, how exciting! Just follow these instructions and you'll be well on your way to an awesome event on Remo ✨
1. Register for a Remo account or log in to your Remo account here
2. Click the 'Create Event' button in the upper left-hand corner
If this is your very first event, you'll be asked whether you want to create a fully customized event or jump into a pre-configured event.
If you choose to create a customized event you can follow the instructions below.
If you choose to jump into a pre-configured event, you can still click the menu button in the upper left corner of your screen, select 'Event Settings', and then follow along!
3. Fill in your Event Details to get started:
- Event Title
- Event Tagline: Capped at 100 characters, you are encouraged to write a sentence or phrase that summarizes your event concisely and fashionably
- Start and End Time: Ensure the length of your event corresponds to the Remo plan you’ve chosen.
- Event Image: The image that your guests will see when they land on your event’s landing page, make sure it correlates to the nature of your event!
- Event Page Description: Give your guests a taste of what they will be experiencing within your event (plus, there’s no character limit for this section so write all you want!). For some creative ideas, check out this article
You’ll also need to indicate if its a public or private event (to see the difference between a public and private event, check out this article)
When you’re done with this section click the 'Next' button.
4. Select your Floor Plan
Set the look of your floor plan: Select one of Remo’s designs or design your own!
Add an expected number of attendees: this controls how many floors your event will have (this number cannot be edited once the event starts, so remember to add some buffer!)
Remo’s floor plan designs come with two default billboards:
Left Billboard: You can add a video by inserting a Youtube, Vimeo, or Twitch video link (please make sure to use the original link and not a shared link)
Right Billboard: Designed for text-based information, you can utilize this space to write a welcome message, your agenda, or any important information for your guests. All you have to do is add the billboard title and content you’d like to post.
Once you’re happy with your Floor Plan setup, you’re ready to move on to the next section - Adding Sponsors! So, click the 'Next' button to continue.
5. Add your Sponsors
Who says that sponsors would only work in a physical event? Well, it works just as well, or even better in Remo events.
Set up your sponsor banners by clicking on the ‘Add Sponsor’ button (check out this article for exact details)
Different floor plans come with varying numbers of sponsor banners. So make sure you have enough before the start of your event!
Interested to see other creative ways in which you can utilize your sponsor banners? Check out this article!
6. Invite your Speakers and Guests
Click the 'Invitations' tab to invite the following users:
- Invite speakers
- Invite guests (For a Private Event, you must invite guests through Remo. Please check out this article to find all the details)
With the basics all set up, we’re excited to share even more event-elevating options for you to consider when setting up your event. Check out the bottom of this article for a list of these.
7. Once you have finished adding all the basics of your event, click the 'Summary' button on the left-hand menu.
8. Review all your details and when you're ready click the 'Save and Publish Event' button in the lower right-hand corner.
9. A pop-up should appear with your event link, social media sharing buttons, and some helpful video tutorials for how to take your events a step further if you'd like.
And just like that, your first event is ready to go!
Extra Options for your Event:
However, as an Event Host, you’ll have the ability to customize your event even further. From creating a guest’s waiting room to adding an agenda, the choices are endless!
Here are the other items that you can add to spice up your next online event:
All these options are available in your Event Settings. To access your Event Settings, find the event you just created in your My Events dashboard, and click the pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner.
Under the ‘Agenda’ tab, you can create the following:
Setting up an event agenda ensures that your content and event schedules are organized and easily accessed by both your team of event organizers and your guests.
To add to your event agenda, click on the ‘Add New Item’ icon (check out this article to find the next steps).
With Run of Show, you can draft and prepare the actions that you’re going to take during the event prior to the event itself. These actions include setting announcements, starting presentations, and more.
To create a new action, click on the ‘Open Run of Show’ icon (to see how you can set this up, check out this article).
Under the ‘Extras’ tab, you can find some additional features for your event:
Remoji Reactions are a fun way for guests to interact during presentations. It also helps presenters see in real-time how their audience is reacting to their presentations. To enable it, click on the ‘Show Remoji Reactions’ checkbox.
To complement this, you can also enable Audience View, which helps presenters visualize their audience and their reactions as they present. To enable it, click on the ‘Show Audience View’ checkbox.
If you want to welcome all your guests when they first enter your event space, you can customize a welcome message by enabling the ‘Show your Welcome Message’ checkbox.
You can also upload either an image or video to go with your welcome message.
Look to the right of your screen to see how your customized welcome message will appear to your guests.
You can easily reach a wider audience by streaming your Presentation to YouTube Live (check out this article to find out how).
If the Lobby feature is enabled, guests will first join the lobby before being able to enter your event (just like a waiting room). As the Event Host, you can then select which guests can enter your event when.
You can also customize a message you’d like your guests to see as they wait in your event’s lobby area.
You can find more details on using the lobby feature in this article
And that’s about it! ✨